Friday, May 12, 2006

I Enjoy Being A Girl...

I hate that commercial where Sarah Jessica Parker is singing that "I Enjoy Being A Girl" song and skipping all over some unnamed metropolitan town. Probably because I don't really care for Sarah Jessica Parker. She is UGLY. Don't let her fool you people. She has a horse face. Look back at the 1980's, she always played the frizzy haired sidekick girl, i.e. sidekick to Kevin Bacon's tall blond love in Footloose. She is NOT hot. Somehow because she up and married someone talented, she all of a sudden gets to be cute. Don't be fooled......

However, that is not what this blog is about. This blog is about me being cute. Sometimes you just gotta feel yourself, you know. You just have to have those days where you are feeling good and looking good. I mean the compliments on these days are great but only because if no one said anything, you'd still be like I look good and strut on with your bad self. There aren't too many of these days. Most days we feel like crud and for some people I know, makeup is the ONLY thing that saves them from really looking how they feel. However, when these days come along we are hoping that so does that guy we are looking for because for once we are all put together. Do we meet any guys on these days of unexpected diva-ness? Of course not.

Yet, we have to give ourselves credit ladies. When we got the new hair-do, the nails are looking right, the toes are looking right, the outfit is fitting like it's supposed to, we feel like the invincible divas we should always consider ourselves. Today was one of those days for me. I got a new outfit which you could check out if you know me on myspace or facebook. I got my hair braided a couple of weeks ago and I was wearing cute new shoes. I also can't forget to thank my new skin bronzer from Avon. Altogether it was a pretty killer combination. My skin was glowing and my smile was bright. I like those days. I like those days when you have taken extra time putting yourself together and it actually does come together.

It's hard, isn't it? Always having the motivation to do all that stuff. I mean don't you wish you could just roll out of bed looking fabulous without all the extra, extra effort. I mean even those of us who are naturally good looking, the extra steps you have to take to make yourself irresistible are time consuming and sometimes a little less rewarding than we would like them to be. On those days we expect everything to go right. We expect the doors to open for us and for opportunities to just fall in our laps. Yet the doors remained close and we get down about our goals. The extra effort does not seem to be worth it. We are tired of the game.

I got an email today from a girlfriend that I am going to blog about in a second in another blog that totally burst my blog bubble. Here I am writing about the day I felt pretty when I know that these days are too far and in between. Most of the time, I feel unaccepted and ugly. We women do not take the time to appreciate ourselves and call those women who pay attention to themselves self-centered and conceited. Yes there is an extreme to both sides but here I am marveling over ONE DAY where I felt really good about myself. I could fool myself into saying this happens more often but it really doesn't. Why is that? I don't know but I am gonna continue in my other blog. As for ending this one I would like to say, I attended a seminar about three weeks ago about being a D.I.V.A. I am now a card carrying DIVA and that means I am a D.etermined, I.ntangible, V.irtuous, and A.ppointed by God woman. This made me feel good, for that day. I need to start living up to my title. We all do. And not just every once in awhile, but we should have "I Enjoy Being A Girl' days a lot more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment